The front features a reflection of “The Weight of It All, “ which has two interweaving interpretations. In the first, the tree represents the weight of the burdens Black women are pressured to bear, how that weight pushes them into the shadows, and how dehumanizing that process can be. In the second, Black women are portrayed as intrinsically connected to nature and trees, with a third eye/yoni on her forehead and a head bent forward slightly in prayer.
The back features a reflection of “What I See When I Look At Trees.“ I believe in ancestral powers, and I believe that ancestral spirits continue to move around and within us, though they often find their homes in the mountains, the trees, and other forces of nature. Remember that mine are not the only ancestors around us.
• 100% polyester case and insert
• Fabric weight: 6.49–8.85 oz/yd² (220–300 g/m²)
• Hidden zipper
• Machine-washable case
• Shape-retaining polyester insert included (handwash only)
• Blank product components in the US sourced from China and the US
• Blank product components in the EU sourced from China and Polan